Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sharpish

Currently watching: Green Street Hooligans

I've been to London twice now for a total of almost 3 months. I love the city, the accents, and their phrases. The British have awesome words and phrases. I tried to pick some up, but, in the 2+ years that it has been since my last visit, I've forgotten most of them, sadly.

I'm going to actively try to start bringing them back. One by one, I'll pick them back up and introduce them into my vocabularly. The first one I want to bring back is "sharpish". For those of you not in the know, it means "right away" or "immediately". It was one of my favorite words to hear them say, and I didn't think of it until just now while watching GSH.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm. i don't remember Sharpist.

I remember Cheers.

November 16, 2006 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home