Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lesson Learned

Currently listening to: The Clash - Rock the Casbah

Bearded Dragons don't really need to "washed" as their skin is often shedding so they always have pretty new skin, and he doesn't really encounter anything in his cage that would make him "dirty". However, it is helpful to keep their skin moist with a sprayer or let him run around in some warm water in the bath/sink.

I used to do this to Trogdor when he was a baby because he was shedding constantly and it helped the skin to come off by loosening it up. Once he stopped growing so fast, I eased up on the act. However, Bethany wanted to see him play in water last night and I thought it was about time to get the lil' guy wet again.

I filled up the sink with like 1/2" of water and put him in. He's never been in the sink before, and with the combination of the slipper stainless steel surface, he really didn't know what to make of it. He kind of moved around, but not as much as I'd been hoping for. So, to get him going, I started moving the water around in waves and dribbling some on his back. This was all fine and dandy and he sat there and took it. However, at times like this, Tim Baird can become mischievous. I made a slightly "bigger" wave and splashed some on his head.

Trogdor did not like this. He let me know about his displeasure by flipping out, flailing his legs (read: claws) like crazy, vectored for my arm, and proceeded to run (read: claw) his way up my bare arm. Those claws can press in deep when he's pissed.

Lesson Learned: Don't splash water on Bearded Dragon's faces. They will burninate you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home