Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Condo?

Currently listening to: The Killers - Sam's Town

For a while now, I've been looking around at housing options in the Clinton-Worcester area, more importantly, something in between the two, but favoring Clinton seeing how I plan to work there indefinitely and only be in Worcester for a few more years for school.

I've been considering two options in this matter: a triple decker where I'd live in one and rent the other two for added income or a single-family house/condo type thing. The former has it's appeal because my mortgage after receiving payment from my renters would be pretty cheap. However, it would require me to actually be a landlord and do stuff for them. I don't have time, nor do I want to depend on somebody actually living in the other two. If they move and I go several months with no renters I'd be screwed. The latter option has it's appeal because the total cost would be cheaper but with a higher monthly payment for me, and I'd own less house.

However! In Clinton for the past year, they've been renovating this old factory (I think it was built in 1895) into condo units. I love the look of converted factory units where the combination of brick walls and modern conveniences all come together. They finally have pictures up on the site and I found some pictures on the page of my cousin's real estate page, Hogan Real Estate. If I do this, I'd want a 2 bedroom unit, but the pictures are the same more or less.
I'm taking a tour a week from today and there are units that will be completed right before my apartment lease ends, so, this could work out pretty smoothly if I find one I like and time it right.

We'll see. Your personal comments on this matter are highly appreciated and welcomed, I'd like to see what people think about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home