Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Eagle died in the year 1911

So, after doing more research and talking to several gun shop owners, I have confirmed my fears.....it is illegal to purchase a Magnum Research Desert Eagle in the state of massachusetts, well, atleast a new one (I don't want to buy used for safety and performance considerations).

This means that I will be going with plan B for my secondary gun (I had planned on buying two right off the bat, but didn't feel like dropping that much cabbage in one shot). So, I will probably end up getting a 0.450 Smith & Wesson 1911. With a stainless body, it's pretty sexy, and I wanted one with more bang than the beretta has, which this will definitely deliver. I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably give in and finally get it mid-June while it's on sale at Four Seasons, where I buy my gear.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about CT? is it illegal in CT? perhaps I could buy a new one here, and then sell you the gun used.

May 6, 2005 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Eh, I'm not too worried. I plan on buying the 1911 within a month, and it's more than big enough to make forget about the Deagle for a while.

May 6, 2005 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what does a skeletonized hammer and trigger mean? And what does the caliber measure? The width/radius of the bullet? Do you want to hunt with it, or just target shoot? These are questions that me and Glenn had about your next firearm purchase. congrats on the Kayak By the way Timmy!

Kurt & Glenn

May 9, 2005 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Hey Kurt and Glenn,
Skeletonizing refers to it being "hogged out" as we say in the machining industry. It has material removed from the inside of it that isn't essential to remove weight from the gun while still performing fine. Note the holes and pockets in the hammer and trigger.

The 1911 that I'm getting is a 0.450 ACP, which means that that bullet is 0.450" in diameter.

I'm buying this one primarily for target practice, but, if I were to accompany my father on a bear hunt, it would be a perfect side arm for self defense and misery-ending of the beast.

Thanks! I'm taking her out tonight on a date in clinton at a local lake.

May 9, 2005 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks tim. Last Summer I had Bear-b-que. I guess it was BBQ made with Bear Meat. That was delicious. If you kill a bear, you should make that.

May 10, 2005 at 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can u buy a 2nd had eagle from??

April 30, 2006 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home