Monday, April 04, 2005

Bad-Movie Dating Theorem

So, in a series of emails today with some of my cousins and friends, the movie "Forces of Nature" with Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck came up, and it got me thinking: That was the first movie that Brittany and I had watched together while dating. After that, I realized that the first movie that Sarah and I had watched when dating was "Resident Evil".

Thus, the 'Tim Baird Bad-Movie Dating Theorem' was created:

Boy + Girl + First Date + Crappy Movie = Failed Relationship

Has anybody else encountered this problem? Please leave your comments on this matter. MikeD has a similar theory regarding Olives. Ask him about it sometime.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Tim, come on. Can you really create a whole theory on just two pieces of data? What's your control setup? Geez, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

-G

April 4, 2005 at 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add this to your theorem. I saw Titanic with my first girlfriend. We laster 3 months.

Next Girlfriend was Alien Ressurection. You know, the 4th Alien movie in the Quadrilogy. We lasted 6 months.

can't remember what movie I saw with my next girlfriend.

Me and Shauna we saw the first Austin Powers. We're getting married in August.

I think that adds quite a bit of credibility to your theorem. In your FACE G!!!!!!!


Kurticus Maximus


ps: go do the online choose your own adventure www.yourownadventure.org

April 4, 2005 at 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting.........now I want to know how "bad-movie" is defined. Or it just has to be bad to the two in question? What if one likes it and the other doesn't?

-G

(I have no idea why I'm continuing this)

April 6, 2005 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Gerson, you're thinking too deep into this. A bad movie is a bad movie. Everyone knows the definition of a movie that sucks or it doesn't.

And if you both don't like the movie, than both people are dumb for not picking a movie that both will equally like/dislike as their first date. You wait until after you've secured the relationship to start making the other watch terrible movies.

April 7, 2005 at 5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Sincerely Desire Your Financial Independence and Will Do All That We Can to Help You Achieve Success!

December 2, 2005 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home