Tuesday, November 23, 2004

You spin me right round baby, right round

So I'm helping my gram move around some stuff that she wants me to start selling on ebay for her (ugh, this is going to be such a HUGE undertaking), when she points to her records and goes "do you know anybody that would like those?". Well, my hand shoots up immediately and the words "I do!" flew out of my mouth. Not only that, but she gave me her old stereo. I now have at my apartment, a stereo with two anciently big speakers, a turntable, an 8-track player, and one of those new fangled cassette players. I also have about 50 seemingly mint conditioned LP's. She kept the plastic on about 1/2 of them, only slitting the sides to get the record out.

These are pretty cool. I found an old Dean Martin album, a bunch of Beach Boys and Partridge Family, some Tony Bennette, Cab Calloway, Louis Armstrong, Nancy Sinatra, and much more. It's a pretty slick collection. I feel motivated to have a swinging party with cheese fondue. All I have to do now is get some new needles because the current one is shot.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Let me know if you see any good furniture stuff that she's trying to get rid of. My new house is in need of some new furniture.

-mike d.

November 24, 2004 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Do you want an old (but still good) lazyboy recliner? My Aunt has one, but it's heavy and big, so, you'll need a truck of some kind. Let me know asap before she tosses it.

November 24, 2004 at 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gah! I hope I'm not too late in responding. Traveling has reduced my internet surfing to a paltry half hour a day.

I would LOVE to get my hands on this Lay-Z-Boy. If it's crap we could always cover it with cool fabrics and raise it to a new glory. If it's TOTAL crap we would have no qualms about throwing it out.

-mike d.

December 3, 2004 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home