Monday, October 15, 2007

Why MikeD is awesome

Currently listening to: Jimmy Eat World - Table for Glasses

If you don't know him, MikeD, or the Detonator as he's been known in various parts of China and East Germany for reasons unknown, is the man.

Yesterday he took a bunch of us out to a cliff in central CT for some rock climbing. I had a blast as it was my first time climbing on actual rocks. I've done indoor wall climbing for the past few years, but for some reason have never made it outside.

So on one of my last attacks on the rock yesterday, I'm at the bottom gearing up and MikeD is getting ready to belay me. We're both talking to these two girls from Sikorsky who had just finished the run and I was getting advice. I'm about 25 feet up and I hear Mike talking it up with one of the ladies. 5 more feet up, I head the click of cell phones opening, and numbers start being read off. The dude was giving his number out WHILE BELAYING ME. As unsafe as they may be, how could I be mad? Seriously. I'm proud of the lad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike D said...

ha ha!

She had hints of red (swoon) in her hair!! I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to trade digits.

And your life was probably only at risk for 15... maybe 20 seconds.

October 16, 2007 at 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home