Thursday, May 24, 2007

Audrey! We're in a fight.

Currently listening to: Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

Aside from her initial purchase price, and weekly demands of premium gas, Audrey has been pretty low maintenance. The only time she really gets expensive is when I find fun after-market items to add to her, but that's my fault, not hers. It'd be like a husband buying fake boobs for his wife and then blaming her for the high price tag. Or something like that.

However, the little girl has been having some weird noises come out of her steering lately, and a little bit of a shimmy when I hit speeds higher than say, oh, 85. I figured I need to get the wheels aligned, and would be out like $40. So I bring the little miss down to Clinton Tire and have them check it out. Come to find out, the little punk has worn out her tie rods.

I researched how much a new set of tie rods would cost, and they're on average $65-70 each for an S4. I figured that with mark-up, labor, and the subsequent wheel alignment, I'd be out $400. Not happy.

I call Wagner Motors (the dealership where I adopted my beloved) to see if for some reason the warranty would cover this. It does not, as expected seeing how it's from wear/tear, and they quoted me $500. Even less happy.

WOAH! As writing this, Clinton Tire called me back with their quote of $314. I'm still not enthralled by this, but that's way better than what I was expecting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home