Monday, January 29, 2007

My shoes are full of metal

Currently listening to: Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home

I just got back a little while ago from Leominster Hospital to have an MRI on my left knee. This is for the never ending issue that I've been having with it since I hurt it last May on Mt. Madison when I slipped on ice coming down. It has yet to heal and hurts like a mother all the time. Arg.

So they have me take off everything that's metallic and jump up on the narrow sliding table that passes into/out of the ginormous Tesla Coil. As I'm laying there, my feet feel funny. Now, going into this process I was concerned about my hands. I'm pretty sure that I've had a few steel/aluminum slivers that never came out and they would tear my flesh apart as they tried to align themselves to the poles once the coil turned on (easy there geeks, I know the aluminum ones wouldn't, they're non-ferrous). However, as he turned it on, my feet started to tilt on their own.

The tech asked if my shoes were being attracted. I said "no, I don't think so, they're all rubber and leather". However, as we went in a hair further, my shoes got sucked to the side of the tube. Apparently, walking around in the machine shop for 2 years got my shoes so filled with tiny bits of metal that they were being heavily attracted to the machine. Let's just say that I took them off awfully fast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, very nice....

January 30, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's hilarious!

January 31, 2007 at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home