Monday, August 15, 2005

The Weekend of Hiking!

So this weekend was all about hiking. And driving. Alot. Of both. But it all rocked.

Friday: drove up to Pico Mt. way too early and hung out with my dad and his gf, sally. We went on the alpine slide they have there a bunch of times. It's longer and better than the ones at Attitash/bear peak, so, it was pretty fun. We then drove up to Jeffersonville where we were staying and then had dinner with Sally's sister and her family.

Saturday: Headed to Mt. Mansfield bright and early for the ascent. It was a great hike and had a pretty good view at the top despite some approaching cloud cover (it is a hair about cloudline, so, you do get fogged in. I'd definitely recommend this and would like to do it again. I then drove 3 hours to my uncles cabin in Conway, NH.

Sunday: Drove to Pinkham Notch and began my ascent of Mt. Washington via tucks. I had intended on beating my fastest time (3.5 hours round trip) and was hoping to hit 3 hours. BUT! as luck would have it, the T-storms made their way in quicker than I planned and POURED on me for about 3/4 of the trip. Most people on the mountain turned around or hid in the huts/trees. However, this hiker was either too cocky or stupid and kept going. I ended up doing the whole trek in 4 hours 10 minutes, which I feel is pretty good considering the weather and potential safety concerns. I was also a little tired from the hike on saturday.

All in all, a great weekend. 2 states, 3 mountains, 600 miles on the road. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home