Monday, July 25, 2005

Record breaking weekend

Aside from Lance winning his 7th Tour, two other records were broken this weekend. Two, much bigger records. Tim Baird personal records.

Saturday I rode up to the Nh border from Clinton. Why? No good reason. I want to ride across Mass both north-south and west-east, so, I thought this would be a good practice run (clinton to brookline, nh is almost the same distance as one border to the other). 54 miles round trip, no stopping. I've gone more than that in one day before (80 mi) but did it in two groups of 40. So, this was a big jump.

Sunday I took another attempt at beating my Wachusett Mt. record. I ran up in 27 min (echo lake & high meadow) and down in 17 min (harrington & stage coach). I could have gone up faster by prolly a min, but I defintely could have shaved another 2 off the descent, but I got slowed down by a nasty cramp.

My legs are feeling a little tight today, but, I feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home