Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Kicking fears' asses since 1982

So here's the deal: When I have a fear of something, I do something to overcome it.
My past and present fears include:
1. Heights, 2. Falling, 3. Spiders, 4. Needles

Growing up, I was deathly afraid of heights. So, I started doing alot of hiking and skiing. Hiking was an easy approach because you always have ground under you, but skiing nailed it home by making me ride the chair lift every single run. I got over heights pretty quickly. I despise all things arachnid, so, I squash them into oblivion at every chance. I hope to conquer my fear of falling with my hopefully-upcoming sky-diving experience.
However, I've never done anything to alleviate the needle issue. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain, yet, needles still scare the crap out of me. Don't know why.

My thought is this: get a tattoo. I've considered it for years, but never really acted on it. But now getting inked seems like a pretty feasible and not horrendously unreasonable thing to do. I also have to consider what I'd get. I'm very proud of my heritage, so, it would probably fall into that category and I'd either get a celtic braid around my arm or two flags criss-crossed on my shoulder (ireland & scotland).

Your comments are desired. Am I being crazy? Is this a good idea? Let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always just start stabbing yourself with needles...start off with something small like pricking your finger, then move up to larger needles...



or you could just start doing heroin

August 30, 2005 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always just start stabbing yourself with needles...start off with something small like pricking your finger, then move up to larger needles...



or you could just start doing heroin

-deej

August 30, 2005 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home