Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ego Bonanza

This Quality Assurance guy comes up today to ask me some questions about a fixture that I had built to work in one of the Lilly Inhaler machines.

From the get go, the man apologizes about 3 times for taking up my time. Then he stares at my diploma on the wall and says "oh, sorry, I was just admiring your degree there". Then, he asks me to use more laymen terms because he "only has a bio degree".

This dude is 50 years old and probably has about 30 years experience on top of my quickly approaching ONE (1) year. Yet somehow, I was 'the man' in the situation. I think he should give himself a little more credit...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he was intimidated by your engineering aura.

-mike d.

February 4, 2005 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home