Wednesday, February 02, 2005

long time

Sorry folks, I've been wicked busy with FIRST and posting is usually the last thing on my mind each day.

The robot is coming along pretty nicely, I guess. Of course, this is FIRST, so, just when you think something's going okay, chances are, you'll find something wrong. So, I'm being cautious and realistic. It's cool though, I like all the students on the team, they work hard and seem to really enjoy the program. You can't ask for much more beyond that, can you?

Well, besides winning. Like, winning nats. Like I almost did 5 years ago. Oh boy, the memories. I think that I'm eventually going to turn into one of those nuts that live in the past for that one moment. I'm going to be like Uncle Rico probably, and keep "livin in 2000". That was an awesome year....

1 Comments:

Blogger jpabad said...

I'm having a good time teaching my kids about keeping the big picture in mind. I asked one to figure out where the pneumatic cylinder for the arm should go and he goes off.

he comes back a few minutes later, he's all happy and shows me where it goes and then i ask "does it reach the height that we need? because i think this will be too high and not over the goal like we need it to be"
"um... okay. i'll be back"

then he comes back...
"but does the arm fit inside the box like that?"
"um, i don't know"
"go find out"

he goes off again and says "okay, don't go telling me i'm wrong this time" and one of the other ones is like "he's gonna wait till you're done, -then- tell you its wrong."

and i have myself a chuckle.

February 2, 2005 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home