Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No World For Tomorrow - Initial Thoughts

Currently listening to: Coheed & Cambria - The End Complete

So, as expected, my new Coheed cd came yesterday in the mail. This is the second part to the last cd, thus titled "Good Apollo, I'm burning Star IV, Volume 2: No World For Tomorrow".

Don't you just love Co&Ca cd names? Me too.

My initial impressions are good. It hasn't grabbed me yet as being as impressive and awesome as the previous albums, but I still like it. Then again, Co&Ca is often an acquired taste. It must be fully savored and explored before true feelings can be solidified. As I recall, I didn't really like the last album until after listening to it for almost 6 months. Seriously. So, perhaps I'll just have to let this grow on me.

However, it has struck me as funny that I feel like a huge scenester when trying to think of what my favorite track is so far. Typically, I like one of the odd-ball songs on the album (Everything Evil from SSTB, The Crowing from IKSSE:3, Fear Through the Eyes of Madness from Vol. 1) and very rarely jump right for the single. Yet, "The Running Free" is solid song and I really like it. It feels almost dirty to know that I'll be rocking out to the same song that some teeny-bopper will be listening to on MTV...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home