Wednesday, October 20, 2004

New JEW Review

I bought the new (and long awaited) Jimmy Eat World cd at Best Buy today after work. I was going to get it yesterday when it first came out, but, I had just bought the newest HRC cd, so, I figured that I would finish that first. Yeah, that's a dumb excuse. To make up for it, I bought the deluxe edition with the bonus demo recording cd.

I'm most of the way through the cd so far so, I figured that I would start writing. It's pretty sweet. It's not grabbing me as quickly as Bleed American did just 3 years ago, but, it's gaining my respect. It's kind of like Deniro's description of cats/dogs in "meet the parents". BA was a dog; happy, likeable, poppy and fun. Everybody liked it. Even people who didn't listen to them claimed to atleast like one of the albums's songs. This cd is more like a cat. It's a little held back and makes you work a little harder. But, the more I listen, the more I realize why I like it. It's like a edgier Clarity. Their hearts are still on their sleeves, but the chords are flowing out of the axes a little faster and harder. It's almost like you put Clarity and Static in a blender, this is what you would get.

If you've been considering going to purchase this, I suggest it. It's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home