Saturday, October 09, 2004

Carded

The other day I was thinking about what can I get to play until Nov. 9 when the craziness starts up again. I remembered that back in the day, prior to the release of Warcraft III, I used to spend a good deal in the world of Diablo II. So, I went and bought the Diablo Battle Chest at Best Buy, thus giving me Diablo I which I've never played, and legal versions of Diablo II and the expansion set.

However, when I went to buy it, I got carded. Aparently you have to be 18 to buy it due to its awesome display of all things satanic. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What other games are deemed that bad that they card kids trying to buy them?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happened to me for the same game... at walmart actually. then again, they card you when you try to buy an exacto knife.

October 9, 2004 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Then again, Wally-world doesn't sell glue to minors as well, because they're too afraid the kiddies will huff it. Same goes for Home Depot with funnels to anyone under 21.

October 9, 2004 at 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home Depot won't let you buy funnels unless your 21?!?!?!? Thats just retarded.

deej

October 11, 2004 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Baird said...

Well, you can, but they give you the whole "this isn't for a beer funnel, is it?" interogation.

October 12, 2004 at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home